Governor-elect of Anambra State, Prof. Chukwuma Soludo.
By Judicial Editor.
- A Senior Advocate of Nigeria, (SAN) and a former president of the Nigerian Bar Association, (NBA), Dr. Olisa Agbakoba has congratulated Professor Charles Chukwuma Soludo, a former Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria, (CBN), on his resounding victory at the polls at the just concluded governorship election in Anambra State, in the South East region of Nigeria.
- Agbakoba while acknowledging this feat said the victory is a testament to the general acceptability of his vision for the state, adding that he, (Agbakoba) was excited for the victory having worked with him, (Soludo) on the Anambra Vision 2070.
- The senior advocate therefore offered his own suggestion on how Anambra State can gain from his many years of economic and corporate experience to raise the people’s standard of living and doing business: “As you are well aware, there is a huge governance and economic challenge in our state. There will be a very strong need to analyze the strength of the economic and political institutions with particular reference to the legal and regulatory institutions.
- “The state is challenged with a high level of persons in the informal sector. The state is also ranked 30 out of 36 in the ease of doing business in Nigeria.
- He continued: “You have always said that a 30-story high rise cannot be built on the foundation of a bungalow. As I am sure you know, Ndi Anambra are looking up to you to make the state the Dubai of Nigeria. I am happy to assist in whatever capacity to achieve your vision. The will of Ndi Anambra is supreme and they have entrusted their destiny to your hands. I am certain of your resounding success”.